Tuesday, August 19, 2003

Mars

"...looks like a big halogen lamp in the sky" according to Marilyn, one of our family friends...and you know, she's kind of right. It's certainly BIG and red! I set up the Telescope for the first time in a while tonight, and had a look...even though Mars is larger, being closer to the Earth than it has been for oh...60,000 years, give or take a few...I still don't have the resolution (read ~ my telescope just isn't a big enough light-bucket) to resolve many features at all...Jupiter & Saturn are still my all time favourite planets to look at...and when they aren't around there's always the Jewel Box, Eta Carinae and the myriad other wonders in the sky to see. Absolutely wonderful stuff really. It's still bloody cold out there however! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. The good looking one came out and had a peek and then headed inside. I myself am not far away from the warmth of the bedroom and bed.
:-)>

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home