Sunday, May 30, 2004

I feel like a trilobite

trilobite fossil at the Melbourne Museum
We went to the Melbourne Museum yesterday. Left is the image of a type of trilobite fossil (at least I think that's what it was...) I am very tired. Lately (by lately I mean the last two weeks or so) the youngest kiddywinkie has been waking every two hours or so and climbing into our bed, thus waking us up. Sleep deprivation is a form of torture I believe. Does it mean I'm a bad father if I call my children expletives when they are being very naughty? Of course not to their faces, just under my breath and to my wife. I feel very bad...
Also I have been neglecting other things. Depression and apathy and a few other undefinable but disconcerting emotions have kept me away from my responsibilities at Rendo. I've have to go and check in again soon. It's not the member's fault, I have just not been able to bring myself to deal with anything there. Maybe I am suffering from moderator burn-out...Ah well...more joy, off to work this afternoon. I am getting bloody sick of being rostered on just about every Sunday, oh well, comes with the job I suppose. Enough whining...
Thanks to all who have been keeping tabs and to those who recent commented Melissa, meg...and a new visitor Vadergrrrl who is way more punk than I am! Uhhh, meg, the comments thingy asked you to give a password? Has anyone else experienced that? I thought I set the thing to accept comments from anybody. Do you have to log in or something to give comments? (this is using the new blogger comment functionality) ahhh I don't know! I hope I'm not in triage this evening...Stay good all, and try and have a good weekend! Kat I hope this new look is quicker to load and easier to access than the last version...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, yes...checking in from work it does seem to appear that unless you have a blogger profile/account, you have to be an anonymous persona... a bit like the live journal commenting options, if you have a live journal profile you get an identity, if not your anon! Interesting...thanks for bringing my attention to this facet of blogger's *new feature* meg....oh well, better get back to work.
Cam

30/5/04 15:13  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the new layout! Yeah..it asked me to log in with a pasword too.

Sorry to hear about your "burnout". Hope things are looking up for ya soon. Are your moods affected much by the change of seasons? I seem to get a bit depressed when fall/winter roll around, but then I have to make more of an effort to get outside early in the day and walk.
Not getting sleep makes the blahs even worse!! I can relate.

You're an inspiration! I'm gonna go look at some of your pictures now! Take care!
Amy

31/5/04 13:21  
Blogger meg@mandarin said...

Gosh, I put my blogger userid in and my blogger password and it looks like I'm in now.

As meg?

Blogger comments are a bit odd. I wasn't sure what it wanted the first time. Not sure if this will work. Anyway, yea we're still checking in now and then.

On the kid thing, it's OK to get frustrated and think/say whatever you want to your wife. I think that's normal, isnt it? Hope so.

31/5/04 16:06  
Blogger Vadergrrrl said...

Hey there Punker! I love your new layout. Your site is very cool, even if Im punker than you. LOL
Keep up the cool ass site. You Kick Ass!

11/6/04 14:04  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home