Sunday, May 30, 2004

I feel like a trilobite

trilobite fossil at the Melbourne Museum
We went to the Melbourne Museum yesterday. Left is the image of a type of trilobite fossil (at least I think that's what it was...) I am very tired. Lately (by lately I mean the last two weeks or so) the youngest kiddywinkie has been waking every two hours or so and climbing into our bed, thus waking us up. Sleep deprivation is a form of torture I believe. Does it mean I'm a bad father if I call my children expletives when they are being very naughty? Of course not to their faces, just under my breath and to my wife. I feel very bad...
Also I have been neglecting other things. Depression and apathy and a few other undefinable but disconcerting emotions have kept me away from my responsibilities at Rendo. I've have to go and check in again soon. It's not the member's fault, I have just not been able to bring myself to deal with anything there. Maybe I am suffering from moderator burn-out...Ah well...more joy, off to work this afternoon. I am getting bloody sick of being rostered on just about every Sunday, oh well, comes with the job I suppose. Enough whining...
Thanks to all who have been keeping tabs and to those who recent commented Melissa, meg...and a new visitor Vadergrrrl who is way more punk than I am! Uhhh, meg, the comments thingy asked you to give a password? Has anyone else experienced that? I thought I set the thing to accept comments from anybody. Do you have to log in or something to give comments? (this is using the new blogger comment functionality) ahhh I don't know! I hope I'm not in triage this evening...Stay good all, and try and have a good weekend! Kat I hope this new look is quicker to load and easier to access than the last version...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, yes...checking in from work it does seem to appear that unless you have a blogger profile/account, you have to be an anonymous persona... a bit like the live journal commenting options, if you have a live journal profile you get an identity, if not your anon! Interesting...thanks for bringing my attention to this facet of blogger's *new feature* meg....oh well, better get back to work.
Cam

30/5/04 15:13  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the new layout! Yeah..it asked me to log in with a pasword too.

Sorry to hear about your "burnout". Hope things are looking up for ya soon. Are your moods affected much by the change of seasons? I seem to get a bit depressed when fall/winter roll around, but then I have to make more of an effort to get outside early in the day and walk.
Not getting sleep makes the blahs even worse!! I can relate.

You're an inspiration! I'm gonna go look at some of your pictures now! Take care!
Amy

31/5/04 13:21  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey there Punker! I love your new layout. Your site is very cool, even if Im punker than you. LOL
Keep up the cool ass site. You Kick Ass!

11/6/04 14:04  

Post a Comment

<< Home