Thursday, June 03, 2004

Where are they?

Has anyone tried this? (Yes, I know I'm probably the last person on the web to have found this one...)
Go to google (not the one on this page as it doesn't have the I'm Feeling Lucky button) ~ Once there type in Weapons of Mass Destruction and hit the
I'm Feeling Lucky button. Meg hadn't seen this one, so perhaps I'm not the last person on the web to be told about it.
It's a bit sobering however when you consider the number of lives lost based on questionable intelligence and questionable political motivation. Mandarin Design recently gave us an interesting example of the use of the marquee tag (one of the best uses of this tag I have seen so far) ~ Meg's Memorial Day scrolling list which, as Stephen Downes rightly points out, doesn't even encompass Iraqi deaths and all the other names that can't be included on it due to lack of data, only serves to remind us...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hadn't seen the google feeling lucky results. Very clever.

You notice I left out any marquee tag instructions :-)
Never thought I would actually use it. But I sat and watched all 913 names pass by. The "list" had to updated again today. Just one.
One boy.
One man.
One son.
One ...

4/6/04 11:02  
Blogger Cameron Stephen said...

Hi Meg, thanks for popping in...
I noticed that you didn't actually mention the marquee tag in your post, but I notice these things! *wink*
I see you have chosen to stay anonymous rather than "private" at the moment!
;-)>

4/6/04 12:04  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I might try it soon. Tonight I'm not going to go down that path. I did watch a doco tonight about D-Day and have already been thinking of lives lost, and how human we all are ..allies or 'enemies'.. I'm saying a prayer for more peace in this world.

7/6/04 00:06  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Possibly you're not the last person on the internet to see that, Cameron. But close! :)

You might also like to do an I'm feeling lucky search for "french military victories", which was popular during the prelude to the war.

A good list of googlebombs is here.

Good to hear from ya, by the way.

- Joseph

9/6/04 10:45  

Post a Comment

<< Home