Tuesday, September 30, 2003

I have removed

the tagboard as not many people were actually using it, and I felt it was a tad redundant when there was the comments option under each post anyway (which, also rarely gets used, but hey, you can't say I am not open to feedback) ...besides which, it was taking up too much screen real estate, I have instead placed Stephen Downe's referrer script box on the sidebar, to show where any recent visitors have come from...just because I could.
Anyhow, I have been at work this morning, and it was fine. I nursed a 97 year old woman who didn't look a day over 70, with wit, cognitive and physiological health still with her, which is always great to see. It is ironic that in my years of nursing, I find that gerenterological changes will often leave a human being with either sound physical health, but failing mentation...or a sound mind in a failing body. Thankfully this lady was an exception to this. Of course, a nurse's perspective and experiences of other people's health (or lack of it) is not representative of real world demographics, because of the nature of our work, we of course deal with mainly unwell people...so it is easy for a nurse to start to think that everyone will eventually get sick, get cancer, have an aneurysm or whatever - thankfully that just isn't true!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home