Thursday, January 22, 2004

One day...

perhaps, I'll stop being such a sook. T.G.L.O. and I had just finished watching "About a Boy" and neither of us cried in it even once...but then we started talking about how cute our children were, and how my eldest daughter was very matter of fact (as only five year olds can be) about how my Dad wasn't around..."He died" as she stated...but then I looked at his photo on the mantlepiece and thought about how he would really really have loved to have known his grandchildren and my wife...(he liked red-heads) and I sort of got a bit teary for a while...I mean it has been 16 years, but I still miss him and always will...I don't know what I'm trying to say here. I think what I want to say is don't dare waste a minute of the day feeling shitty about things if you can help it. Don't miss an opportunity to tell those you care about that you love them, don't forget to dance, skip, whistle and sing at any given moment, just because, just on a whim...don't forget to live, and take part in your own universe, your friends, your family...even those that pass through your life briefly. I suppose that's very much part of the message the film gives too...No one knows when their own universe will come to an end...it is inevitable, so make the most of the time that is given to us...sorry, I'll stop with the maudlin philosophy now...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home