Wednesday, November 24, 2004

The Cape

Cape Liptrap Lighthouse
Cape Liptrap is situated to the south-east of Melbourne, Victoria and is a narrow penninsula to the west of the larger Wilson's Promontory. The local scenery is beautiful, the weather conditions changeable and often quite wild. It consists of rugged coastal geological formations with some sandy beaches. The pennisula itself is formed by the spine of the Hoddle Range running out to sea. It has the characteristic geological formation of steep cliffs of folded marine sediments flanked by rock pinnacles and wave cut platforms. When the tide is out wonderful rock-pools can be found on the more accessible parts along the shoreline. This is where I have found most of my photographic subject matter.
OK, you can click on the lighthouse and go and look at the images now. I'm hoping that you won't think they are your usual type of "holiday snaps"

3 Comments:

Blogger Cameron Stephen said...

Glad you liked it Michelle. I hope you had a lovely birthday.
:-)>

25/11/04 00:00  
Blogger Gary Williams said...

Very nice collection. I grabbed one of the pix, if the photoshop I hoped for works, I'll send you a copy...

Thanks, Cam -- good stuff, as always.

26/11/04 13:43  
Blogger Cameron Stephen said...

Thanks Gary, I'll look forward to seeing what you do with it (if it works!)

29/11/04 09:37  

Post a Comment

<< Home