Monday, November 29, 2004

Quarter past one am...

so why aren't I in bed yet? I just finished watching the Japanese version of "Ring" (or The Ring) and I must admit I thought the remake with Naomi Watts was actually creepier and far more atmospheric...if you like that sort of thing. A few people told me the original version was way spookier, but I just can't see it.
The 100th photograph at notReality
The old photoblog hit the 100th photo the other day, thanks to all those who have taken the time to look in there. I will be maintaining it as long as I find willing victims ready to subject themselves to my photographic lunacy...
I also have discovered this wonderful thing called rss feeds. Don't laugh, I know I'm slow...I have given it a go before now, but the different news aggregate I tried in the past were very non-intuitive or just plain didn't work it seemed to me. Via this post at blog.photoblogs I learnt about a nifty extension to Firefox (and if you aren't using Firefox as your preferred browser by now, why not for heavens sake?) called sage which is (as they explain at the site) Sage is a lightweight RSS and Atom feed aggregator extension for Mozilla Firefox. It's got a lot of what you need and not much of what you don't. Honestly, it's pretty cool. If you use Firefox, then try it...and when you do you can quickly see what wonderful site that interest you have updated lately, especially if they have the little orange rss feed icon-thingy in the bottom right of the browser window. I even created an rss feed for the photoblog and in sage it shows the thumbnails of my latest photographs, a little description and everything! Oh dear I do fear I am raving on a bit now, so I really will go to bed...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi -- Since you are using Folderblog, I'd be very happy to be able to leach off of your efforts in getting an RSS feed running for your site... It's something I'd really like to have too! Any chances for a tutorial on how to get that running?

Jordan
www.photosensitive.ca

1/12/04 03:26  
Blogger Cameron Stephen said...

No worries Jordan. I have just completed a "How To" here:
http://wiki.photoblogs.org/wiki/Roll_Your_Own_RSS
I hope it's understandable.
:-)>

4/12/04 11:55  

Post a Comment

<< Home