Saturday, April 09, 2005

Whooot! I'm a WINNER!

Left: Empire Junior Camera (image by Susan B at outafocus)
Well, to cap off a lovely sunny day spent with friends and family I arrived home to find an email from a generous photoblogger named Susan B - who recently had a camera raffle on her site outafocus (has some great photos btw) for some toy cameras. If you wish to find out more on Toy Cameras there is a website devoted to them: toycamera.com ~ anyway to cut a long story short, I actually won one of the cameras she was raffling! I have never won a raffle in my life, so I was pleasantly surprised. Susan is also sending a roll of film with it to get started (I think it takes 120 film) so I have no excuse not to do a bit of Toy Camera (stay tuned for results from this camera) I'm looking forward to it. Some think that the lomo's are toy cameras but i think there would be debate about that, as traditionally toy cameras usually have plastic lens, but perhaps it's more about the look of the final developed image...my Supersampler is probably somewhere between a novelty camera and a toy camera, but it has glass lenses (all 4 of them) ~ anyhow digression and discussion aside, I would like to say a big THANKS to Susan!
Now I'm going out to look through my Telescope a it is a wonderfully clear and balmy night.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cameron Stephen said...

Hi Ben! Of course I was a winner in the "Suggestions for what BHR meant" competition too, but that wasn't a raffle...never won a raffle until now - but then again, I've never won a "Suggestions for what BHR meant" comp either!
Re: you know you're a photo junkie when you have more cameras than photo albums LOL! My wife thinks I'm quite mad, I'm sure!
Thanks for visiting Ben.

13/4/05 17:36  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay, dontcha just love winning? It is so addictive! :O)

30/4/05 01:44  

Post a Comment

<< Home