Saturday, April 02, 2005

Yashica Electro 35mm Slides, Polaroids, Valium and Teeth...

Tidying up a few things at my parents house yesterday i found a bag full of slide transparencies taken with my Father's Yashica Electro 35 camera (which I think my older brother David still has) on Kodak 35mm Colour Slide Film. For vintage camera buffs, there is a great site describing this particular camera in detail here. As a really cool bonus I found our families "One Step Plus" Polariod Land Camera! As soon as i get some SX-70 Film I shall take some photographs with it and share them. In the cupoard I also found Dad's stash of Valium (way out of date) that he needed to cope with his 5 children and a mold of his teeth, probably taken by the dentist to make a plate for his partial false ones. These ephemera aside however it was the slide transparencies that interested me. These images date from the late 1960's and early 1970's I captured them to camera via my Canon G5 and a slide viewer. I don't have a slide scanner, so this was the best way I could think of to do this. If anyone has better methods I would be glad to hear them!
I made a new public album on my lomo home, with shots from one of my birthdays held at Luna Park in St. Kilda, Melbourne and some family images from elsewhere...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home