Friday, January 23, 2004

Apophysis

Example of a flame fractal generated with Apophysis
Let me just say that I would be posting this purely because of the name of the program I am going to talk about briefly...It's an awesome name. Today was very sunny, just a perfect day, as Lou Reed would put it...we walked in the sun, played in the park and went to the Library Bus where I borrowed yet another speculative fiction book to read. In fact I shall be retiring to bed to read beside TGLO very soon...just wanted to pop in and talk about fractals for a minute. Love 'em or hate 'em they are fascinating and often quite beautiful. There is a freeware program called Apophysis which generates some wonderfully aesthetically pleasing images...all created through some clever mathematical magic. Above is an example...it may be just me, but I can spend hours playing with stuff like this...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home