Friday, February 27, 2004

What I tried somewhere else...

Will this work, will it, will it? bright ideas and bright sparks will not help you in the dark if you are working blindfolded...
The wife plays Gymnopedies on the piano whilst I type, so very soothing, far more than the scales exercise she was pounding piano forte previously!
Strange day today, after a night out last night to have a meal in celebration of four years of happy marriage and then to a film (Tim Burton's BIG FISH) - we had a late night, and early morning, which could explain why we were cranky this morning whilst trying to modify the chook shed...
I blame the previous owners of our block, who had an unfortunate habit of discarding their drained stubbies and beer cans seemingly wherever they had been finished. When we first moved here nearly four years ago now, we spent a good few months removing metal beer-bottle caps from the ground, and everynow and then we still find them. Back to the chook shed though, my wife was digging down to clear the earth a bit for me to modify the shed with an angle-grinder when she hit...you guessed it! A stubby. Reaching down to get it she was bitten by a bull-ant (a nest of which were disturbed by our business) Ouch. Being very resilient and not one to complain much she carried on. I went on to remove the roof of the chook-shed and started removing the roofing screws. Most of them seemed to be rusted in however...it seems all projects started involving anything to do with the past owners will inevitably hit unresolvable snags...I am not as resilient as my good wife, and am one to complain, which I started to do as well as throwing in some choice expletives worthy of a Tourettes sufferer. My wife got jack of this and we started sniping. Eventually we both decided it was a silly idea and said "fuck it" and went and had lunch. I will see what I can do with it tomorrow...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home