Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Pain, Body Language, Art, Man Ray

   An interesting entry from Mike regarding Body Language and specifically body language in relation to chest pain caught my eye today: Chest Pain Body Language. It is well worth looking into if you are involved in fields of Emergency, Cardiac and other health care areas, or if you simply have a healthy interest in these subjects...Thank you Mike.
    Emma asked about the Man Ray exhibition at the NGV (National Gallery of Victoria) that I went to last Friday. Well, I quite enjoyed it, seeing prints that I realised must have been developed by Man Ray's hands, as opposed to reproductions in a book. The funny thing is though, I found myself wondering what the difference was. What I mean to say is, in a high quality art-book there was no discernible difference to me than looking at these original prints on the wall, except that some are actually reproduced to a larger scale in some of the books I have seen. Perhaps I am a bit of a heathen. I have always loved books, I know that much. This is not to say that I found the exhibition without value. On the contrary, it was very educational to look upon a large collection of Man Ray's works all together and in the context of the descriptive text that accompanied sections of the exhibition. I enjoy the slightly rarefied atmosphere of the gallery too, we are very fortunate to have such a large collection of wonderful artwork available to the public. I almost always come away inspired.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read that article by Mike - very interesting reading. As opposed to a 'bump' when you see the positive body language he describes, what about a 'slump' when the patient starts his sentence with "I've had the pain for 3 years after moving my couch . . . "

28/9/04 18:16  

Post a Comment

<< Home