Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Pain, Body Language, Art, Man Ray

   An interesting entry from Mike regarding Body Language and specifically body language in relation to chest pain caught my eye today: Chest Pain Body Language. It is well worth looking into if you are involved in fields of Emergency, Cardiac and other health care areas, or if you simply have a healthy interest in these subjects...Thank you Mike.
    Emma asked about the Man Ray exhibition at the NGV (National Gallery of Victoria) that I went to last Friday. Well, I quite enjoyed it, seeing prints that I realised must have been developed by Man Ray's hands, as opposed to reproductions in a book. The funny thing is though, I found myself wondering what the difference was. What I mean to say is, in a high quality art-book there was no discernible difference to me than looking at these original prints on the wall, except that some are actually reproduced to a larger scale in some of the books I have seen. Perhaps I am a bit of a heathen. I have always loved books, I know that much. This is not to say that I found the exhibition without value. On the contrary, it was very educational to look upon a large collection of Man Ray's works all together and in the context of the descriptive text that accompanied sections of the exhibition. I enjoy the slightly rarefied atmosphere of the gallery too, we are very fortunate to have such a large collection of wonderful artwork available to the public. I almost always come away inspired.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read that article by Mike - very interesting reading. As opposed to a 'bump' when you see the positive body language he describes, what about a 'slump' when the patient starts his sentence with "I've had the pain for 3 years after moving my couch . . . "

28/9/04 18:16  
Blogger meg@mandarin said...

Timing. I was in the hospital a couple of weeks ago for monitoring and an angiogram(?). I didn't think it was a heart attack but noted the signs from the post you referred to (1.) Chest pain woke me up (2.) Described pain with clinched fist to chest... All is OK here, but the body language is interesting, the common way of describing the pain.

I think there was an opacity post down there. Off to read more.

29/9/04 00:23  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home