Thursday, May 12, 2005

Yashica Nostalgia

After reading a thread at lomo.box about this camera in synchronicity with finding a whole boxful of slides taken by my father with this camera at Mum's place I decided to try and track down what actually happened to Dad's old camera. It turns out that my brother David had it, but threw it out as the shutter didn't work properly. Still interested in indulging my nostalgic obsession I found one on ebay from a seller in Sydney. It arrived in good nick, but one thing I couldn't be sure of was the electronics. I was waiting for a adaptor for the battery that goes in these cameras from the yashica-guy - that would be the acid test to see if it could cut the mustard. After work today I was pleased to find the battery adaptor (with battery) in the mail. I popped it in and thankfully it worked. So now I have another working camera to drive my wife nuts with...poor girl.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home